Room 4 Review

This blog is an opportunity for my students (Morrinsville Intermediate, Waikato, New Zealand), to share books, movies, music and other interests through reviews and comments.

Monday, September 7, 2009

Anne of Green GablesReveiw-Bailey Jackson!


Anne of Green Gables.

L.M Montgomery

This book is about a talkative, red-headed 11-year-old Orphan who is named Anne Shirley and she gets accidently adopted by Marilla and Matthew Cuthbert. Marilla and Matthew decide to keep Anne Shirley but it takes them a while to choose to adopt her and along the way they say no then yes. They have different opinions about what they will do.
The most exciting part of this novel is when Anne meets Diana and they become best friends and then Anne gets Diana drunk. Diana's Mum goes... well you’ll have to read the book to find out.
The Green Gables is a small area of land in a town called Avonlea. Avonlea is a very old and peaceful town and is miles away from the big cities. People in this town are very kind and caring. I was expecting this book to have a description of the town, houses and charectors .
I really loved this book because I enjoy the old English language and I love the calm setting where the story takes place. I feel this book was very well written and I agree with my nana, she loved this book and she recommend it to me. Now I’m sure that I will give this book to my children to read when they are my age.
I recommend this book for 15+ readers. The language in it can be difficult to understand and pronounce, but if you are into old fashioned books then I would recommend this book to you.

By Bailey Maryanne Jackson.

No comments: